Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Etsy, Artfire, Bonanzle, Ebay, and BigCartel!?

Holy cow! Are you serious?? Of all these "selling" sites, I swear, one can really go nuts! Oh yeah, don't forget Twitter, Flickr, Facebook and MySpace! Argh! I'm honestly trying them all, but I can't keep up! It's totally ridiculous! I mean, so many means, it's practically spamming!

Ok, deep breath, sip your coffee...

So far, Etsy's it for me. Artfire doesn't get enough traffic, and Bonanzle's just nutty looking to me.. and BigCartel, well, I'm not exactly selling stuff that truly fit their "look".. and Ebay--blah! total rip-off.

What I really need to do is set up my own website, but again, there goes the time issue. I'm not really the best when it comes to ecommerce or web apps, and I seriously don't have all the time to sit here and tweek everything. But I just wanted to say that some people truly go all out and try every possible facets of free or relatively cheap advertising and promotions--my question is, is it truly worth it? I guess if beading and crafting and ecommerce was my real job and only job, then it may be possible, (sigh), for now, I'm just going to let it ride. Either you like my stuff or you don't... you want to buy or you don't. So blah!

I like what I do, I love to create, I love to share what I make and the selling part is a huge bonus, but it really all comes back to the enjoyment of jewelry-making.
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. and on top of all that, if you spent your days posting to all those sites you'd never make ANYTHING, or sleep. I guess you could give up sleep!

    nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point, Cynthia, the crafting goes out the window!

    I am online every single day and I thought I was up to date with what's going on, but yesterday I was sent a webpage and when I looked at all the "sharing" options below it, I was dumbfounded. Digg, Reddit, StumbleUpon, Delicious, Blinklist, BlogMarks, Newsvine, Technorati, Magnolia, Google, Myspace, Facebook, Yahoo Buzz, Sphinn, Mixx, Twitter and Meneame...I think I'm getting too old for the internet now, I can't keep up! I'll stick to Etsy and checking my email.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips