Thursday, May 27, 2010

Finding Inspiration

Here's something new I'm starting this weekend - a journal! Not like a Dear Diary or anything like that, more like a collection of random thoughts, inspirations, whims... like a catch-all for all my internal musings.  With my journal, I'm keeping regular pencils, colored pencils, charcoal pencils (my all-time favorite medium), and tape (thank goodness for my luggage-like purse!!)

My mission: find inspiration

I'm not talking just jewelry design inspirations, I'm talking about inspiration in a broader sense. As an artist, I used to look at colors and designs with avid curiosity, always asking what, why, and how, then applying the concepts I learned and allowing them to change the way I view new things. At some point in the last 10 years, I lost that.. or maybe I became too literal, too methodical, but in any case, I aim to find myself again.
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. THis is a great way to keep those flashes on creativity so you can create them when you are in your studio.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips